Saturday, January 17, 2009

SNOW DAY! December 2008











Since Dave was gone for 3 weeks (and I had a 3 week old baby), my Mom and Mother-in-law came to help me for a few days during December. The girls had a fun time with Nana and Nika in the snow. I love watching them make snow angels, they really look like angels to me. And thanks to my wonderful neighbors across the street, I've had a shoveled driveway all winter so far. It's hard being the one that needs help, but it's so humbling to see the best come out in so many people around you. I even had people bringing me dinner after Sophie was 6 weeks. Not every day (did I get dinner), but I just hope I can be that kind of person and pay it forward when I get a chance.








And now we're wishing for more, because Daddy's home, and we want to go sledding and build a snowman with him! I can't believe we can see most of our grass. I must admit it's driving on the roads without the snow, but it looks so much prettier with sparkly white snow on your lawn, compared to brown/purpley dead grass. Anyway, we appreciate the piles my girls still play in. And they don't like to put their snow clothes on. In fact Sammi played Queen of the Mountain (on a pile of snow in our yard) in her dress with no tights, just loafers, socks and coat. She came in five minutes later with freezing toes. I wasn't very compassionate, since I warned her what would happen. It's funny how many times I can relate more to my Mother as I experience motherhood myself. : )

1 comment:

  1. Oh how we miss you guys. I am glad you have family coming to help you. I wish I could do the same. Hope to see you soon (Feb. 15th).

    ReplyDelete