I decided that (for my own enjoyment) I'm going to blog about the past year, and hopefully a few of the present moments in between...
Christmas this year ('08) was twice as sweet for me. Dave was gone the first 3 weeks of the month, so getting to see him and be together as a family was perfect. He came home on the 22nd and we went to the Peter Breinholt concert with my family (thanks Josh!) that night. It was rather exciting--we picked him up at 7:30, then went to the concert right after. I love the Spirit that Christmas music brings. Sadie fell asleep, and Sammi was done after a half hour, but we loved it. I have to say the funniest part was when my brother made a 'fluff' while we conversing in the hallway afterwards.
We spent the next few days celebrating an early Christmas with our family and friends. Coming home Christmas Eve was good weather, thank you! The girls fell asleep, but woke up about a half hour before we got home. Sammi surely saw Rudolph's nose in the sky as we neared our home. We watched Polar Express and the girls finally got in bed after leaving cookies and milk out for Santa. Amazingly they went to sleep rather quickly.
Luckily our girls slept in; Sammi came in our room about 8:30; and Sadie was still sleeping! We tried to let Sadie sleep, but Sammi was going crazy. Sophie of course was sleeping too. We woke up Sadie, and then Daddy had to go get the video camera ready. They were happy to see the dollhouse they wanted, the first thing Sammi said was, 'It's huge!' It's four feet tall, so they were pretty excited. They also got some Barbie dolls to go with it, lots of candy and 'sparkly stuff' (which is all Sadie wanted). They each got a movie they wanted, and a game and book. Sophie got a cute new outfit, a movie (she loves it...haha!), some new dishes, and some stuffed animals. Dave and I got some fun stocking stuffers for each other, but our main presents were finishing the basement and a new vacuum! It's amazing how excited I can be over a new vacuum that actually works like magic; it really has made me so happy.
The day was filled with movie watching, a big breakfast, and our Christmas dinner was the best ever...pizza and green peas! I bought a ham and a bunch of stuff for a big dinner, but we weren't in the mood. It was the first time we weren't with family on Christmas day, so it was definitely different. It was fun to hang out, play games and not have to go anywhere, though. We got lots of snow for a beautiful day!







Yeah Heather!!!!! It is about time. It looks great. That picture of the three girls in white is beautiful! Is david wearing purple pants on Christmas??? Love and miss you guys like crazy, it is hard to see you and you not be in the same state.
ReplyDeleteHeather...Your blog is darling! It's fun to see current pictures and to be able to read about how you all are doing in Idaho. Good job on your blog and getting it all figured out on how to get it up and running! I'll check back often. Take good care!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a great Christmas. I've always gone somewhere on Christmas Day, so I bet it was nice & quiet. How fun!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of your 3 girls in there white dresses. So darling!!! :)
Hey Heath! It is crazy for me to see you with your new addition in all of these pictures. I cannot believe you have THREE babies...are we really at the stage in life?:) I just remember it was not too long ago that we were at Bear Lake checking out all the young males:) You are such a great mom, you look so happy and it was fantastic seeing you over the holidays! If you ever need to escape to warmer weather please head south:):) It would be fun to see you and good job on your blog...I will send you another invite to mine, since we are private!!Lots of Love!!
ReplyDelete