How can it be the last day of Kindergarten already? I feel like it just started, like I just walked her to her first day of school. Now I just walked her home from her last. I'm not sure what to think about this. My little darling, chubby, sweet, beautiful Sammi is on to first grade next year. It really is hard to believe. How do I help her and teach her to do things herself, yet enjoy the fleeting moments of childhood with her? Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time for a moment. Here's a few of my favorite things about Sammi:
1. She is always aware of how others' feel around her, and tries to help them.
2. She still loves to cuddle.
3. She still has kissable chubby cheeks.
4. She has a great desire to learn and discover new things.
5. She is a wonderful big sister.
6. She reminds me to say prayers when I forget.
7. She teaches ME everyday.
8. She has an open heart.
9. She's a great dancer, and makes me want to dance.
10. Her blue eyes, something about those eyes, always gets me.
I am not sure why it's so emotional for me to see her be done with Kindergarten, but I suppose it's because we do everything along with our kids, and share our ups and downs and everything together. The other day she asked me, "Mom, why don't I GET to go to school this summer?" I'm glad she likes school. She had such a great class, and it was so fun to watch all of them interact, and see how they watched out for each other. There wasn't so much exclusion as there was inclusion. Could life stay that way? It would be wonderful. You know, I think we learn most the things we need to in Kindergarten. Anyway, here's to a great summer! The oh so famous yearbook note --HAGS--! As one door closes, another one opens.







I'm with you Heather! Dallas will be in 6th grade and Aundrea 3rd. When will I feel old enough to have children in these grades? Next year Bradley starts kindergarten and Colter will go to his special preschool. I'm going to have 2 hours to myself. Holy Moly! I'm not ready for this! We're definitely ready for some summer fun, and by the time school rolls around I'm sure we'll be ready for it too. :)
ReplyDeleteHeather I loved this! I felt just the same way that day and Kaylee was all about moving on to bigger and better things--so like a six year old with her whole life ahead of her and no time for regret or savoring. . . ;0)
ReplyDeleteI hear you! I cry at the end of each school year, but especially kindergarten. It seems almost like the end of an era in their childhood. Give sweet Sammi a congrats hug from us!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Sammi is so big! All grown up and graduating Kindergarten. She looks very cute and sassy in her dance costume. I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteShe is so grown up. She looks even older all done up. So cute!
ReplyDelete