So, here I am over a year later, posting pictures of my now 4, not 3 beautiful girls. My life is full and spent mostly on anything to do with my children. And that is just how I like it. Most of the time. I do get tired, and sick, and lonely, and frustrated, and even say things I don't mean sometimes, but I'm learning that it's okay to not be perfect. And that its so much funner to get down in the dirt and play with my girls, rather than just watch from afar and hope they don't get those clothes too dirty! Because really, who cares if there's stains on their clothes? (I mean I kinda do, but its not worth it if it means my kids didn't get to enjoy their childhood.)
I've been taking lots of pictures, like always, which I think I got from my Dad, and his Mom, and her Mom, and it probably even goes back farther than that. But I LOVE taking pictures! There is beauty in every day living. I've been taking pictures of a lot of other people too, which has been such an adventure, and wonderful and special for me to do. But I thought it would be nice to go on a photo shoot with my very own precious little women! And these are the outcome. It was most challenging as you can tell trying to get group shots, even of them just looking at me (all smiling was out of the question) without a helper with me, so this is the best I got, but I love that it shows so much of the beauty of Tennessee!!! I love so many things about the country here. Most of us have even enjoyed the stray cats and dogs that come and hang out with us. Well, kind of stray. Our neighbors dog, which we call 'Duke', comes over and hangs out with us. And Shaylee squeels every time she sees him, so I had to post a picture of him here, since we love him and he is such a sweetheart. Our pet cat that stays in our garage during the colder months is about to have kittens any day, so that will be a first for all of us to experience! But there will be kittens for Easter for sure. I'm thinking, pictures!!
Sammi is such a good big sister. She challenges me the most, probably because she is the most like me, but she really does so much to help me. And I appreciate so much more the moments when I see her in pure bliss. Like playing school with her sisters, or exploring nature, or singing in front of the mirror, or cuddling with me or the baby.




I wanted to take pics in all white dresses, because, well, I love white dresses! And I didn't get enough of Sammi and Shaylee in their baptism and blessing dresses last year. One great thing about Tennessee is the mud! It actually kind of reminds me of home, because its like red clay. I think we could really make pottery out of it. In fact here's a picture of Sammi and Sadie making mud brownies and cupcakes. They had to get the swimming pool out a couple of weeks ago because its been so warm (80+)! So they're in their swimming suits!

Shaylee is so full of Spirit! She never misses a thing, and I love how she teaches me to live in the moment. I find myself having an even messier house, and playing with my little ones even more. Whether its babies, or dressing up, or painting nails, or reading stories, or just sitting down on the floor and following them around, that's what my life is about. My house may definitely not be clean for several years, but, I will have joy.



Sophie is my little angel! I mean seriously, she has her pouty moments, but 90% of the time, she makes our home more peaceful. If I start to get frustrated, its Sophie who says to me, "I'm sorry you're mad, Mom." And gives me a hug. She has this way and sparkle in her eye that just melts your heart. We almost lost her blanket tonight at the girl's school. We had left, and there was no one left in the building, but Sammi knew where a door would be open, so we actually went into the school while it was dark and found Sophie's blankie! I felt a little rush of excitement and fear that we might get caught, even though we were just retrieving a most important item that would have made bedtime unbearable. Luckily we found it and made it out okay. But it definitely made it a fun evening! I'm hoping to write more often here, and to share the loves of my life.
And I must mention three more people. Sadie is my smarty pants. She is constantly learning and loves reading and wants to be a teacher when she grows up! She is so easy to be around and loves to touch everything and feel the different textures of books or flowers, or rocks, and I love it, because its one of those simple things in life that I forget about sometimes. Like remembering to feel things. Physically, spiritually, or emotionally. It might be rough, or smooth, or pokey, or tickley, or super soft, but she finds a way to appreciate it. Its so hard to even describe. But she takes the time to really examine things and listen to people, even when I think she might not be. I sure do learn a lot from these kiddos.Another person I've been thinking a lot about lately, and who inspired me to finally get on this blog, is my Mother. I can't begin to explain or share what I feel for her. If I'm being completely honest, I've had some issues with trying to be completely open with her when I felt like there was a chance I would get criticized or my opinions would be neglected. But what I'm realizing is that those are my own insecurities, and that she is only there to help me overcome them. My childhood was a blissful one. I have so many great memories, and have so much of her to thank for that. Being a Mom myself I realize how challenging it can be to balance all aspects of your life, and still be a good Mom. I know I haven't figured much of it out yet, but I know I've learned a lot of it from my Mom. To name a few things: how to clean (and even though my house may not be clean, it doesn't mean I don't know how to, and hopefully she knows that), how to cook, how to write, how to dream, how to teach, how to love, how to inspire, how to make traditions, how to honor myself, how to see the beauty in my children, how to be a kid and be grown up too, how to love animals, and how to listen. Those really are just a few things that she's taught me. Like I already said, I can't fully express what I feel and appreciate in her, but I just know that I love her. I love how she has helped me learn so much about myself, and been inspired to give me advice, or words of comfort or love just when I needed it. One other thing that I love is that she can celebrate and feel with me the joys of having these sweet girls, probably next to myself and Dave, she is there the most. I love the way she loves them, and how she can celebrate all their joys right along with me. Thank you Mom for being you so perfectly. I love you.

My dear, sweet Dave. I have to say like I just mentioned to my Mom the other day, that Dave just keeps getting better with time. I hope I am too, but honestly he is just amazing. With as much as he works and is gone, he does so much for us at home. He in fact does a lot of the cleaning, if I must admit, he does the dishes most of the time, a lot of the laundry, and most of the sweeping, and helps with the kids with homework or bathtime or bedtime or whatever time. He also takes time to listen to me : ), and play and plan fun stuff for the kids. He is patient, kind and forgiving. He keeps getting cuter too which is a plus for me. I love him so much, and feel like I fall more in love with him every year. These are definitely the good days. Even though there are still lots of challenges, we find ways to see the sunshine through the rain. And now I must go to bed...








No comments:
Post a Comment