Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thanksgiving and Christmas 2010

Christmas Day-in their Christmas nightgowns I made, not bad I suppose for my first time trying to make a nightgown. (Sorry these pics are going to go backwards)

Gotta love the surprised face. My favorite.

Sammi got her dog. Even if it's a Furreal pet...


Sophie was excited about the first present, after that all she wanted was candycanes.



Their blankets I made them (however they picked the material).




Making cookies for Santa.


Dinner with the missionaries.


Sophie was not liking Santa one bit.


Looking at Christmas lights in Knoxville.


Sophie getting her cast on--she wouldn't take her eyes off of the nurse. : )


In their Christmas dresses from Nana. Of coarse Sammi and Sadie would not smile normally, and Sophie's doing the cutest poses. So cute.




Sammi's last horse riding lessons for the season, anyway. Too cold.


A winter wonderland.


I just like this picture. So peaceful and doing what she loves.

Sledding down our very own sledding hill! The only great thing about living on a steep hill in the winter!

Our first 'BIG' snow. Especially for Tennessee. Sure wish I would've brought my winter coats.



Sporting their adorable gumball bracelets from their friends in Idaho, thanks Tara and girls!



Our Mini Snowman.


When you don't have sleds, you gotta get creative. This trike worked well on the slippery snow. Garbage can lid didn't work, but garbage bags did! So did the cookie sheets once we got a path down in the snow. Great memories.

Sammi's the first tester.



Loving being outside.

Helping Dad make our mini snowman.


Throwing snowballs at Daddy.



Playing in the pool in Nashville on our first temple trip.


Such a happy girl.


Sophie comes up with the cutest poses sometimes--all on her own!


Seriously we loved having the pool all to ourselves.


Getting ready to put up the Christmas tree.




Sadie loved getting all the decorations out.


Okay, so this is pretty disgusting, but we went to our wonderful friends house/property referred to as the 'holler' for Thanksgiving. It was seriously so fun. I just thought it was hilarious when one of their dogs (the smallest one) brought this to me and left it at my feet. A deer leg. Something you don't see everday.


Playing games with all the girls. Lexie, Taya, Kaylee, Sammi, Sadie, and Sophie!


Played Stick the Hat on the Turkey. It was way fun, however I can't remember who won?


Sammi taking her turn.



Sophie was trying to figure out how to get up in the tree with her sisters.



Climbing the tree. Sammi just kept going, while Sadie watched from a comfortable heighth.


All the kids playing, and Sammi trying to swing on the rope.


Tre and Mandy playing a game they picked up on their cruise. I can't remember what they call it.


All the girls four-wheeling with their Dad.

Seriously--we loved that it was 70 degrees outside for Thanksgiving. So nice.

The dessert spread. Yumm, wish I could have some now.


The kids table. Sophie was so happy to have her own spot with her own glass cup and with all the 'Big' kids. They loved it, we loved it, and the food was delicious! Thanks all you holler folk!


Playing in the last of the fall leaves.



Sophie wasn't sure how to make the wind stop. I just love this face.




I love this girl, and this color of leaves.


Sophie's 2nd Birthday!


Sadie's climbing the tree.

Sophie's bday party--we have such nice friends to come and celebrate with us. Thanks guys!



Sophie does not like a lot of people watching her. She really wouldn't blow out her candles. Although she blew out her sisters. Her friend Katie and Mom had to help her. : )



Opening her presents, she was seriously almost more excited about opening the cards she got. Thanks to those of you who remembered! She was way happy. What a great year for all of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment