Sophie even loved the four-wheeler, but she wouldn't pose for a picture.
Yes, I actually got gas out of this vintage gas machine. I felt like I went back about 40 or 50 years in time. Pretty cool, I think.
We got to go to Claiborne County Fair, and ride the Merry-Go-Round, one of their favorites. They were in heaven the whole time. And since the lines weren't long, we just ran from ride to ride. We went on the Tilt-O-Whirl, and we laughed hysterically the whole time. Of coarse we had to go on it a couple more times. I was pretty dizzy by then. But we sure got our fill of yummy funnel cakes (which was actually our first time trying them) and cotton candy.
We got to go to Claiborne County Fair, and ride the Merry-Go-Round, one of their favorites. They were in heaven the whole time. And since the lines weren't long, we just ran from ride to ride. We went on the Tilt-O-Whirl, and we laughed hysterically the whole time. Of coarse we had to go on it a couple more times. I was pretty dizzy by then. But we sure got our fill of yummy funnel cakes (which was actually our first time trying them) and cotton candy.
My favorite is their faces-both in the front and background!

The girls went on this slide and went so fast, I wish I could've got a picture of their faces.

Okay, I think I look dizzy or a little crazy in this picture, but what can I say, we're at the fair!


The Dragon Ride--gotta love it. I think the only we didn't love, was all the smoke there. There was even a guy smoking while on one of the rides! Seriously. Disgusting.

Sophie's been into wearing goggles lately (she can even say goggles, which is even funnier), so we just had to get some pictures. She's a silly girl.

Here we are on a hike/nature trail, I just love how beautiful it is everywhere. And it really is like this almost everywhere. Sophie didn't want to leave the bugs.

Sophie's definitely an outdoors girl. It's like she has a connection with the bugs too. We stopped to look at some butterflies (they're everywhere), and the girls even touched one! The butterfly just sat on the flower while they petted her wings. Pretty sweet.

Sadie and her teachers- Miss Jennifer and Miss Charity and Sophie's enjoying Sadie's classroom too. On her first day of almost all day preschool. Her teachers have to come up with extra things for Sadie to do, since she's already reading.
She goes from 7:45 to 1:15. And eats breakfast and lunch there.

Sammi and Sadie on their first day of school-- at Powell Valley Elementary. I think it was over 100 degrees that day too. I still can't believe Sammi's in 2nd grade.
Sammi is starting to like it there. She finally had a long recess yesterday, that she was very excited about. Sammi's also made some more friends, and hopefully we'll be starting her in some horse-riding lessons soon.

So we made a trip to one of the local lakes here, actually in Kentucky, and I can't think of the name right now. Anyway, all the girls ended up getting in in their clothes (we were just planning on putting our feet in the water). So here's Sophie after-the-fact, squishing her own chub. I love it!!!

And there's Sammi and Sadie in the lake, in their clothes.
I just love the mountains here. So green. Definitely a contrast from the fields of Idaho. However, I miss those fields...

Some of Sadie's artwork in the sand. The sand was really nice too.
Sammi was drawing butterflies in the sand.
The sunset.
Sophie seriously couldn't get enough of the water. And I just love her little bum crack hanging out. I'm sure she'll love these pictures later.
Earlier that day we went and visited Daddy at work. So here they are with him and his helicopter and sweet uniform. I really do like it.
One of the first things we did when we got here was celebrate Sammi's 7th birthday. And she got a guitar and FurReal kitty. Since she can't get a real kitty. Dave is giving her and Sadie lessons on the guitar.

Sammi wanted a mint cake, and everything green for her birthday. Her and Sadie wanted to decorate the cake, and they sure had fun doing it. (I took the easy way out this year!)

The girls went on this slide and went so fast, I wish I could've got a picture of their faces.
Okay, I think I look dizzy or a little crazy in this picture, but what can I say, we're at the fair!
The Dragon Ride--gotta love it. I think the only we didn't love, was all the smoke there. There was even a guy smoking while on one of the rides! Seriously. Disgusting.
Sophie's been into wearing goggles lately (she can even say goggles, which is even funnier), so we just had to get some pictures. She's a silly girl.
Here we are on a hike/nature trail, I just love how beautiful it is everywhere. And it really is like this almost everywhere. Sophie didn't want to leave the bugs.
Sophie's definitely an outdoors girl. It's like she has a connection with the bugs too. We stopped to look at some butterflies (they're everywhere), and the girls even touched one! The butterfly just sat on the flower while they petted her wings. Pretty sweet.
Sadie and her teachers- Miss Jennifer and Miss Charity and Sophie's enjoying Sadie's classroom too. On her first day of almost all day preschool. Her teachers have to come up with extra things for Sadie to do, since she's already reading.
She goes from 7:45 to 1:15. And eats breakfast and lunch there.
Sammi and Sadie on their first day of school-- at Powell Valley Elementary. I think it was over 100 degrees that day too. I still can't believe Sammi's in 2nd grade.
Sammi is starting to like it there. She finally had a long recess yesterday, that she was very excited about. Sammi's also made some more friends, and hopefully we'll be starting her in some horse-riding lessons soon.
So we made a trip to one of the local lakes here, actually in Kentucky, and I can't think of the name right now. Anyway, all the girls ended up getting in in their clothes (we were just planning on putting our feet in the water). So here's Sophie after-the-fact, squishing her own chub. I love it!!!
And there's Sammi and Sadie in the lake, in their clothes.
I just love the mountains here. So green. Definitely a contrast from the fields of Idaho. However, I miss those fields...
Some of Sadie's artwork in the sand. The sand was really nice too.
Sammi wanted a mint cake, and everything green for her birthday. Her and Sadie wanted to decorate the cake, and they sure had fun doing it. (I took the easy way out this year!)
And there she is, 7 and all, and so cute. I think Sophie was ready for bed. : ) So, we've been busy this month, but I think overall it has been good. I have my days when I can't help but cry because I miss everyone, but I know it will get better. And being here is definitely an adventure. Lots to see and do. And great people too.







Tennessee looks fun! I'm glad you guys are doing well. We miss you!
ReplyDeleteHeath...all the pictures looks great. So glad to see an update. You have such a positive attitude and can tell you are just diggin'i in your heels and enjoying the ride of a new adventure:) HOpe you are feeling well and can't wait for another update. BTW..Tell Dave a huge congrats from us...everyone in his field dreams of doing what he is doing. Very impressive!! Lots of love!!
ReplyDeleteIt's sad that I'm just seeing these, but you guys look soooo great!! I love the internet. Kaylee and Audrey are looking at the pictures too--they're happy to see their friends again ;0) Kevin's way jealous of your backyard view--seriously awesome. I want to see a picture of your house!!
ReplyDelete